Monday, August 30, 2010

Interview With The New Existence; Shirley. 8/30/10

First off, I'd like to welcome the newest Existence, Shirley. She's also known as Shirley007 on FFn and RogueFanFic, as well as Sjoeke007 on Twitter. She also writes the best story, The Prophecy, and a wonderful Cross-over named Save My Body.


Tell me a little bit about yourself. Age, kids, etc? Whatever you feel comfortable sharing.
Whatever I feel comfortable sharing. *smirks* Let's see. I'm 26 and a single mother. My son Bryan is three years old and a real handful. I've been married once and will probably never do it again. I'm Belgian, but hope to move to the States in about... *counts on hands* nine years. And I am a WHITLOCK girl!!!

How did you get into Twilight? What made you like it, specifically? And which is your favorite book from the Saga?
Actually, it was coincidence. I was travelling with my mother, when she got ill. We were stuck in our hotel room in NY for days and I watched a lot of PayPerView. One of those movies was Twilight. I was intrigued by it, but not impressed. I watched it another couple of times with my mom, because she kept going on about stuff that I missed. Yes, when you get to know me, you'll learn that I'm VERY forgetful and easily distracted. Anyway, when we left NY for Washington DC, I bought the Saga at the airport. The books really sucked me in. I read them in about three days I think, barely slept. After that I was completely hooked and not to mention, obsessed.

I can't really explain what I liked about it. Maybe just the fact that it's very different from other vampire stories, or the innocence of the story. I don't know.

My favorite book from the Saga? That's a tough one. I'd say it's a draw between New Moon and Eclipse. I loved the angst, the darkness of New Moon. And of course Eclipse is a no brainer. Finally, we get to see a little bit more of Jasper. He's always been like a blank canvas up until then and finally there appear some brush strokes. I love that.

How did you get into Twilight Fanfiction? Which pairings do you like the most?

I spent a lot of my time online after reading the books, always looking for quizzes, trivia's or other things concerning Twilight. There was this Facebook application called 'Addicted to Twilight' and someone mentioned fanfiction.net on the forum. I went to check it out and was instantly sold. I read for a couple of months, before writing my first story about fourteen months ago.

My favorite pairings are Jasper/Bella and Peter/Bella. The Whitlocks rule!!

What are your favorite Twilight Fic Stories?

Oh boy, do you have enough room for this?
Here goes.


There are others, but these are the most important ones.

((sorry about the link thingies, I copied it from another site)
Who are your favorite characters, and who do you hate the most?
It depends. In the Saga, my favorite characters are Jasper, Alice, Peter and Carlisle. I hate Bella for being so spineless and Edward for being so controlling. I also hate Maria for obvious reasons.

In fanfiction, my favorite characters are Jasper, Bella, Peter, Charlotte and Carlisle. The thing is, you can turn them into whoever you like and in most fics, Bella has become empowered in some way. I love that.
I hate Alice, because I always need to come up with a plot to get rid of her somehow. And Maria of course.


What are the current fics you are reading? And which ones has your complete attention when a new update arrives?
Oh I'm reading to many to mention.
The ones that have my immediate attention are;
Conversations with my Killer by Oracle Vas
Hit and Run by lifelesslyndsey
Once Bitten, Twice Shy by lifelesslyndsey
Awake in the Dark by Kitty Cullen-03
You'll be Mine by Jasper's Naughty Girls
Fade into you by RCD-Alice
Nowhere to Run by Spirare
Identity by Mimi-Love-4ever
and The Appointment by Miztrezboo

What inspired you to join the writing community?
Curiosity I guess. I just wanted to try it for myself and see what it was like. Of course, all the feedback from the readers does wonders too and it's what keeps me going. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't even have finished my first story.

What is the surrounding atmosphere like when you are writing? Do you have to do anything like smoke/drink to relax or bring in the thought bubbles?
I listen to music that sets the mood. Other than that I just plant my fat ass in front of the computer with a bottle of Diet Coke and a pack of smokes nearby and write.

What else do you have on your agenda to read?

To read? There are so many stories, it's hard to chose, but I do try to read the works of my friends, of my favorite authors and if I have some time in between recommendations. Also, I'll browse for stories and just pick one that stands out, whether the title or summary.
I have a 'to read' list somewhere, but I just can't find it. Maybe, I should have added disorganized to my introduction as well. *chuckles*

What do you like to do in your free time besides writing?
I'm very busy with other blogs I'm involved in. I'm also a staff member on Rogue FanFic. Besides that, I go to school, look for work and take care of a three year old. I guess, it isn't too hard to figure out that I have very little time left for hobbies. I do like to go out for drinks every once in a while. I mean a girl has got to reach that monthly alcohol percentage to stay sane, right.

Tell us a random secret.

A secret? *gulps* But then it isn't a secret anymore. Alright, let's see. I name all my toys, no matter how childish. I have a Spark me up-Sam, a Lick me good-Liam and so many others. Oh god, this is so embarrassing. But I hope your satisfied with that secret, because I'm not telling you any other ones.

Do you have any collaborations for the future in mind?
I'm already working on two with ohmyitsv. But I like collabing and wouldn't mind doing it with other authors as well.

1 comment: