Saturday, November 6, 2010

Improvisation on Friday


First of all, I want to apologize for being so late. But hey, better late than never, right? So here's today's Improv.

Both challenges were directed at me, Mistress Shirley and came from the talented ohmyitsv. All I have to say to her is, "WHAT THE FUCK?!!" If you are wondering why, you'll see as soon as her second challenge comes up. It's insane.

Alright, let's get this show on a roll.




It was a hot summer's day, but to him it didn't matter. He didn't feel the heat, nor did he feel the scolding pavement where he sat upon. All he did feel, was depression, loneliness and a desolation unlike anything ever before. He couldn't comprehend what he had done wrong. Thinking back, he didn't see a single thing that might have hinted at such a fate. 


He wished he could cry, because then at least some of the tension building up inside of him, could be released. His plastic, brown eyes wouldn't allow it though. He lacked the ability to weep and thus, all the frustration stayed locked up inside of him. 


For fourteen years, he had loyally stayed at Candy's side. He never complained, he never contradicted and he never once thought of leaving her behind. She was everything to him. They played together, slept together and even had fancy dinners together every sunday. 


Then, as sudden as a flash of lightning through the sky, Candy had taken him and put him out on the curb. She didn't offer an explanation, nor did she look back, as she walked back inside. She just left him there, not caring about the feeling of her loyal companion. It was the most cruel thing Candy had ever done in her life, and she didn't even know. 


A girl passed by him, but he didn't notice. His gaze was on his lap, his body sagged and he looked every bit as hopeless as he felt. Only when she scraped something metal on the asfalt of the road, did he become aware of her presence. He didn't know her, but deep inside of him, he felt something flare. It was hope. 


Then she was in front of him and two hands picked him up. Her eyes were a deep, chocolate brown and her smile was geniune, as she spoke to him in a soft voice, "I'm Bella and you'll be perfect for my little brother, Emmett." 


Life made sense again and for now, the bear could be happy again, because he had found a new companion who needed him to chase away the nightmares, to bring him comfort through the sadness and to just be there. Forever. 




And the next one... *cusses* 




"Dude, I'm telling you, there's no way you can drink all of that in under a minute!" Emmett laughed, as he clapped me on the back. My brother always loved his stupid bets, and even though I was considered the intelligent one in our family, I could never back down from his challenges. I knew it was stupid, but before I could stop myself, the words came spilling out, "I can! This is a freaking piece of cake, Em!" 


"You should make a bet out of it," Jasper whispered, always eager to make me the butt of the joke somehow and I glowered at him. Emmett's face instantly lit up at the mention of a bet, and he grabbed me by the arm. 
"Ed-man, how about we sweeten up this deal," he started. I could see the wheels spin as he tried to come up with the perfect proposition that would make me stupid enough to agree. 


Don't do it. Don't say yes. Stay tough and just say no! 

"If you win, I'll make sure Bella Swan goes out with you." 
And there it fucking was! My biggest goddamn wish in the world, dangled in front of my face like a juicy steak. I was already nodding and I hadn't even heard the 'but' yet. 
"But if I win," he paused dramatically. Jasper's smile grew, suggesting he had the perfect idea. Whispering in Emmett's ear, I could see his smile grow and grow. It was surreal really. I was surprised it didn't tear his face in half, with the size of that smile. 

"If I win, you'll have to wear dad's old 'Happy Bread Man'-costume to school."
"Yes!" I shouted, not even realizing what Emmett had said. Jasper repeated the terms and my eyes grew wide. They couldn't be serious, because that old thing was the stupidest thing I'd ever seen. I never did know how my dad could stand to wear it when he was our age. It was hideous. 


"Man, are you for real?" I asked, but was silenced instantly by my youngest brother. 
"A deal's a deal. You agreed to the terms in front of witnesses," he said, while pointing at himself as the witness in question. "There's no going back." Oh crap!

Jasper grabbed a stopwatch, while Emmett opened all ten cans. I watched Jasper closely and as he pointed at me, I grabbed the first can, putting it to my lips and gulping it down quickly. 
"Chug, chug, chug!" my brothers chanted in unison, as I emptied can after can. 


I could feel it rising, and as I grabbed the eight can, I had to pause. My free hand moved to my chest of own accord, while I grimaced in anticipation. Come on, get it over with! I still have three to go. As the loudest burp I had ever heard, escaped me, Jasper shouted, "Time!" 
Fuck! I'm screwed! 

The next day, I stood in front of the entrance to our school, dressed up as the fucking 'Happy Bread Man'. I felt sick to my stomach, and just wanted to make a run for it. I couldn't though, because my brothers stood several feet away from me. With their arms crossed over their chests, they both kept a close eye on me. 
As if my life couldn't get any worse, Bella walked up to me. Her smile was blinding, as she peered into the big smile that allowed me to see. 


"Is that you, Edward?" she asked sweetly. I nodded, because the material in front of my mouth, made it hard to speak. Giggling softly, she whispered, "I think you've got things backwards, Halloween was last week, when you came as yourself."


She turned and walked up the steps. I wanted to explain things and hurried after her, but the limited sight made me unaware of the step, and my foot got caught behind in. Laying sprawled out in front of my High School, only one thought entered my mind. And that was, Fuck my life!


So that was today's improvisation, brought to you by Mistress Shirley! I hope you liked it!

Until next time, lovelies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment